When FieldEdge (1.0) was launched 2 ½ years ago, it was our aim to bring the power of NationBuilder to the field by introducing the first mobile app for the platform.
We knew the community would provide valuable feedback about what they wanted from the app, so we stood back and listened rather than rushing ahead.
It wasn’t long before the message came loud and clear from customers… they wanted more NationBuilder functionality and door-to-door canvassing.
From that point on, our goal has been:
to build the best collection of field organizing tools for NationBuilder.
Fast forward to February 2018, and we’re proudly launching our next generation field organizing tool, FieldEdge 2.0.
Completely rebuilt from the ground up for better user experience, features and performance, FieldEdge 2.0 delivers a design upgrade that makes NationBuilder field activity even more intuitive, fast, enjoyable and ultimately, more effective.
Inside FieldEdge 2.0, users will experience:
- A fast, modern and familiar design making finding information and navigating the app more satisfying
- An easier walk setup process to help volunteers and new users get started quicker
- A more structured canvassing workflow for easier data entry and ensuring the collection of the ‘right’ data every time
- Support for viewing Organizational profiles making it easier to work with People and Organizations
- Person/Organization Membership Information plus Custom Fields so your team has the right information at their fingers tips
- More features, improvements and NationBuilder fields!
Transitioning to V2
For most existing users, the app should be updated and ready to go: just open the app and work smarter. If you have automatic app updates turned off, simply visit your app store where the update will be available for download.
To familiarise yourself with the most impactful upgrades, we recommend watching this 3-minute video overview:
We will also be messaging all FieldEdge users in the app a short video overview. This will address the most common workflows. You may wish to communicate directly about your campaign or organisation specific usage.
This information covers the most common workflows but you can always check-in with your admin about your campaign or organization’s specific usage.
We’re here to help you get the most from FieldEdge so please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. Thanks again for your support and please feel free to reply to this email.
New to FieldEdge?
If you haven’t tried FieldEdge yet, you can sign up for a 14-day free trial. We’re fanatical about helping people succeed in the field, so we’ll be here whenever you need us.
This upgrade is aimed at helping organizations and campaigns around the world get more leverage in the field. We’re excited by this launch and look forward to your feedback and the continued development to extend this amazing platform.